For sale, THE OMC Johnson Evinrude world MFG sign that stood at the OMC plant in Waukegan, Illinois. That plant is no more, but the memory lives on in all the Evinrude and Johnson motors that were produced there.
In 1929, on February 23, the merger of Evinrude Motors, Elto Outboard Motor Co, and Lockwood Motor Co formed the Outboard Motors Corporation (OMC). Then in 1936 Johnson Motors was consolidated with OMC and later OMC changed its name to Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC). OMC's World Headquarters were moved to the Johnson MFG plant in Waukegan where it remained until 2000 when OMC filed for bankruptcy on December 22nd. Provenance for this sign includes: Photos of this sign & MFG buildings and Letters from the city of Waukegan.